Flux was created inside of Google X with a mission to improve the quality of buildings worldwide. By using technology to remove barriers between designers, engineers, builders and suppliers Flux enables better, faster decision making, lowering the cost, shortening the build time and improving the quality of the built environment. Although we are a young technology, Flux is used on some of the largest and most complex construction projects worldwide.
Flux employees are motivated by the expectation that we will leave a meaningful mark on our industry. Many have very strong educational backgrounds, but all share an ability to work efficiently to find elegant solutions to complex problems. We love our beautifully renovated old printshop headquarters in San Francisco’s SOMA area where we regularly find time to host hackathons, jam sessions and ping pong games and share meals in our commercial-quality kitchen.
As an Application Engineer focused on the Construction industry you will be joining the Flux Advanced Services + Technology team, a group of experienced AEC industry professionals with a passion for applying technology to define the future of how buildings are designed and delivered. Day to day activities will span actively extending and deploying Flux technology to solve immediate and important client challenges in AEC firms, researching and prototyping new solutions or product offerings and relaying synthesized user feedback to Flux Product Managers and Software Engineers.
- Analyzing end user needs and pain points and developing customized digital solutions to address them
- Employing industry understanding and experience to engage with end users and communicate customer analysis and insight to the Product Management team
- Scoping, planning and delivering projects of a technical nature
- Working with a technical team to prototype custom solutions and / or new Applications using Flux technology. Testing hypotheses and validating product development ideas
- Managing client relationships and ensuring engagement success
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years experience in the AEC industry with a background in Construction Management and BIM modelling
- Previous interaction with owners, building developers, clients
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the topics of BIM standards and contractual documentation
- Mastery of one or more BIM tools + familiarity with visual programming/scripting tools
- Experience building and deploying technology solutions on live projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with a strong initiative
- Naturally curious and technically minded
- Passionate and knowledgeable about technology in the AEC sector
- Confident and forthcoming with ideas. Ability to develop ideas within a team setting
- Passionate thought leader active within the BIM and AEC technology community
- Strong working knowledge of openBIM / IFC
- Evidence of contribution to open source community in the form of sharing knowledge, custom built plugins or scripts online or at conferences