Flux was created inside of Google X with a mission to improve the quality of buildings worldwide. By using technology to remove barriers between designers, engineers, builders and suppliers Flux enables better, faster decision making, lowering the cost, shortening the build time and improving the quality of the built environment. Although we are a young technology, Flux is already used on some of the largest and most complex construction projects worldwide.
Flux employees are motivated by the expectation that we will leave a meaningful mark on our industry. Many have very strong educational backgrounds, but all share an ability to work efficiently to find elegant solutions to complex problems. We love our beautifully renovated old printshop headquarters in San Francisco’s SOMA area where we regularly find time to host hackathons, jam sessions and ping pong games and share meals in our commercial-quality kitchen.
As Marketing Director you will be the first hire in the Flux marketing department. Until we grow our marketing staff you will have responsibility (with inside and outside help) for all aspects of our branding, communications, lead generation and events marketing.
- Corporate branding and message development and deployment
- Manage website redesign
- Manage newsletter
- Prepare and execute limited online advertising
- Manage the production of marketing communications campaigns
- Plan and oversee hackathons and other events at Flux
- Plan and manage trade show participation
- Build and ensure use of a corporate brand standards
- Manage a modest social media presence
- Produce and manage online lead-generation efforts
- Recruit and manage writers for the blog and newslette
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage a team
- Strong writing and design skills
- Experience operating a variety of advertising, social media and marketing software products
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Superb time management and an appreciation for deadlines
- Budget management
- 7-10 years of marketing program execution
- Demonstrable experience using testing solutions for advertising and website optimization